Farm Manager – Organic agriculture, Mornington Peninsula
Salary: Remuneration package will include a base salary, accommodation and incentives for success. Wage bracket will be discussed with applicants.
A unique opportunity for a farm manager or budding farm manager to be a part of a dynamic new company developing an organic farm in Cape Schanck on the Mornington Peninsula.
Colonial Leisure Group is planning to build a microbrewery (subject to council approval) on a 300 hectare property at Cape Schanck. To support the brewery restaurant and the Victorian hotels, an organic farm will be established comprising of animals, fruit and vegetables. The successful applicant will work with CLG, the landowners and land managers to develop a whole farm plan and then manage the implementation of the plan.
Responsibilities & Roles
- Leadership in developing a plan for an organic farm including animal husbandry and crop propagation
- Hands on management over the implementation of the farm plan
- Employing staff as required
- Ongoing day-to-day management and operation of the farm
- Managing organic certification
- Management of sales and market access for produce
The following criteria will be looked at favourably in applicants, however not mandatory. Please address these points in a cover letter.
- Experience working on an organic farm
- Relevant academic studies
- A good network with other farmers or the organic industry
- Strong environmental values
- Management skills
- Computer skills
- A willingness to work hard
Colonial Leisure Group (CLG) has interests in a number of hospitality venues across Australia. CLG is a premium operator with a diverse array of hospitality experiences that includes brewing, bars, cafes, bistros, entertainment, on-line wine sales, restaurants and accommodation.
CLG is a committed and focused leader in the hospitality industry through the achievement of business excellence in the supply of food, beverage and other related activities.
Please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the key success criteria to:
Hayley Giachin at email@example.com
Please address any questions to the above email address.